1. Trace or draw a large heart on the wood piece.
2. Saw the heart out and divide the heart in 3 sections and saw each section out.
3. Drill small holes in each section. The top section gets 2 holes drilled centered on the top points, and 2 holes drilled evenly spaced on the bottom.
4. The middle section gets 2 holes just under the holes from the bottom of the top piece. And on the bottom of the middle section, drill 2 holes lined up with the holes on the top of the second piece.
5. On the bottom section, drill 2 holes just under the holes of the bottom of the 2nd piece.
6. Sanding is not required to keep the piece looking “old and rough”. Paint each piece on all sides and let dry.
7. With the sandpaper sponge, slightly sand the edges to give the pieces a weathered or antique look.
8. Using the wire, form 4 “U” shaped pieces and insert them into the pieces to connect them and secure the wire in the back.
9. Cut a longer piece of wire. Wrap the wire around a pencil several times to form curls in the wire like seen in the picture. In the top of the top piece of wood, insert the wire to both sides and secure it in the back.
10. Use raffia to form a bow and attach it to the front of the heart on one side.