1. Apply the first strip of washi tape to the top of the magazine from right to left.
2. Continue adding the next strips, placing them right next to the previous strip. Use the scissors to cut excess washi tape away along the outside edge of the magazine file.
3. Once you reach the hole of the file, place the strip straight across just like in the previous rows.
4. Cut 1 or 2 slits into the tape over the hole up until the edge.
5. Then press these pieces of tape through the hole and press them against the file on the inside.
6. Then the hole looks perfect and you can continue.
7. The next piece of tape will be done in a similar manner. In this case, the tape covers the middle of the hole. Simply cut it in half and then cut again a couple more slits and press the ends towards the inside.
8. Continue until you reach the bottom of the file and you are finished. If you are making more files, you can either use the same color pattern, or as we did, use the same colors of washi tape, but in a different order for each new file.