Illustrated Craft Tutorial:
1. First measure the height and circumference of your glass. Cut as many sheets of red translucent paper and white constuction paper as you have in glasses. You will cut the exact height of the glass plus the circumference of the glass with an centimeter extra in overlap. In this case, 3 glasses were made so 3 strips of each paper was cut.
2. Then mark a line about 3.5 centimeters down the length of the paper. The area below this line will not be pricked.
3. Then use a pencil and draw the shapes in the area above the 3.5 centimeter line. On 1 centimeter of each short side, do not make any marks. This is the area that will overlap once you wrap the glass with the paper.
4. Use the larger needle or pricking needle to prick the outer edges of the shapes.
5. If you have a smaller or thinner needle, poke smaller holes on the shape. This side you are working on is the side that will face the glass afterwards. Once you have finished, you can erase the pencil marks.
6. This is the side that will be facing outwards. The holes are raised.
7. Now glue the red strip of translucent paper on the side of the white paper that will be facing the inside of the glass. (The side of the poked holes).
8. Now tightly wrap the glass with the paper and glue down the 1 centimeter short edge of the paper and overlap the other side to close off.
9. To add a finished look to the bottom of the glass, a piece of washi tape was taped in the area below the 3.5 centimeter line.