1. First of all, cover the sheet of cardstock or cereal box side with a layer of glue.
2. Then adhere the aluminum foil sheet over the glue and press the foil onto the cardstock or cereal box to smoothen out the wrinkles.
3. Tear or cut out many pieces of the various papers and foils you selected to use for this project.
4. Brush a layer of decoupage glue onto the aluminum foil and adhere the pieces of paper onto the glue. Brush a second coat of glue onto the paper. It may look milky at first, but the glue should dry clear. The shininess of the aluminum foil will also remain after the glue dries.
5. Continue until the whole sheet of aluminum foil is covered with papers. It does not matter if a bit of aluminum foil is showing through. That adds to the beauty of the project.
6. Now you can use the glitter glues to draw lines and clear glue to add drops all over the aluminum foil. While the glues are still wet, sprinkle glitter of your choice onto the surface. Tap any excess glitter off of the piece and then let it dry overnight before continuing.
When the next day arrives, turn the sheet over and draw or trace the motifs you wish to use on the backside (paper side). Cut out the motifs and then they will be ready to use for decorating your cards. The best is to cut out different sized stars for a variety.
Above and below you will find examples of how cards were designed using the star motifs.