Illustrated Craft Tutorial:
1. Print out the template so that the height of it is slightly less than the height of the card you will be using. I found that when the height of the template was about 6 1/4 inches, it fit most of the cards I had available.
Play around with the size of the template if you like. No matter how large or small you print it out, it will fold to the ornament. You can also print out the template smaller for less larger cards, but the ornaments will also turn out smaller.
2. Place the template over the card where you think it will be the most appropriate. If you hold up your card to the light, you can see through the paper template enough to be able to find a good placement. Then you can slightly tape the template onto the card so it won’t move from that position.
3. To prevent from marking onto the card, use your stylus and a straight edge to mark around the template. Then you will only see the line the stylus left behind.
4. Cut the image out along the line.
4. Then fold the piece in half and burnish the edge if you like.
5. Turn to the back side and make a marking at the center of both the top and the bottom of the piece.
6. Then place your straight edge from the mark to the center fold of the card and use the stylus to mark along that position. Do this to the remaining 3 sides.
7. This is how it should now look.
8. Fold and burnish each of the 4 sides towards the backside of the piece.
9. Now you can fold the ornament together along the middle fold. Let the 2 front folds go over the 2 back folds and then punch a hole through all 4 layers. Insert baker’s twine or ribbon for hanging the ornament. Add glue if you want to keep the ornament closed.
10. The ornament is so cute and small.