How This Project Was Made: The pattern for this pumpkin was found on the internet but the page does not exist anymore.
1. To create this Jack o’ Lantern, you first need to cut a star shaped lid at the top of the pumpkin. Take your carving knife or saw and insert it vertically into the pumpkin. Then cut the shape at an angle inwards. One spoke of the star shape can extend down the backside of the pumpkin. This will additionally help to prevent that the lid will fall into the body of the pumpkin.
2. Once you have the lid removed, first remove the stringy pumpkin meat and the seeds. Then take a scoop and start scooping off the side walls of the pumpkin until the walls are about 1/2 inch or 2.5 cm thick.
3. Print out the pattern to a size that is appropriate for the size of the pumpkin you have. Cut the pattern down to size and tape it onto the front side of the pumpkin. Use a pricking needle and prick holes on the pattern markings to indicate where to cut afterwards. You can dust a little bit of flour on the holes to make them more visible if necessary.
4. Then cut the markings by starting at the smaller, more delicate and detailed areas first and then the larger areas afterwards.
5. Once finished, insert a small candle or a tea light at the bottom of the pumpkin and light it up. The candle should not be too high or it may burn the lid. If using a higher candle, keep lid off when burning the candle.