For this project you will need:
- wire star form 10 cm in diameter and with 16 spokes (8 spokes are longer than the other 8)
- 24 x 8 mm blue round faceted beads
- 24 x 8 mm oval faceted beads
- 8 x 8 mm diamond shaped clear beads
- 16 x 12 mm long silver tube beads
- 8 x 7 mm long silver tube beads
- needle nose pliers
If you wish to make your own stars (you can vary on the length if you like)
If you cannot find wire snowflake shapes, it is easy to make your own:
- 3mm thick craft wire in gold or silver (4 long pieces each measuring 12 cm and 4 shorter pieces each measuring 8-10 cm)
- soldering iron with solder
Solder the pieces of wire together at the center so that you have always alternating a long spoke followed by a shorter spoke.
You can do this by soldering two long pieces over each other. Then solder the remaining two long pieces in such a way that it creates a 8 pointed snowflake. Then solder two shorter pieces centered in between longer spokes. Turn the shape over and repeat from the backside so that the remaing two shorter pieces are soldered centered between the two longer spokes that are remaining. When you have done this correctly, there are a total of 16 spokes.
These are the beads used for the above clear snowflake.