To make this bag you will need: A sewing machine, thread, scissors, a quilter’s ruler (60 centimeter ruler is best), rotary cutter, cutting mat, water soluble marker and/ or chalk pencil for marking lines and the following:
- Two squares of fabric measuring 50 x 50 centimeters. These are the basic bag pieces.
- One piece of fabric measuring 30 x 50 centimeters. This will be the inside pocket strip.
- Two strips of fabric measuring 7 x 50 centimeters. These will be the reinforcement for top of the bag.
- Two pieces of nylon webbing measuring 4 x 70 centimeters. These will be the handles.
- A piece of cording measuring 15-20 centimeters. This will be the closure loop
- One large button or other trim to hold the closure loop