1. First paint the rocks with white paint. This will brighten them up a bit so the papers will look a little more bright when applied to the rocks.
2. Then tear the pre-painted deli papers into small pieces.
3. Afterwards just adhere the papers to the rock on one side and let it dry. When dry, turn the rock over and finish the other side. Let it dry completely before using.
How to prepare the deli papers:
1. A used plastic store card or gift card was first used to apply different colors of paint to several deli papers. Either place paint directly onto the card or simply pour drops of paint onto the paper and pull the paint with the card for bold colorful prints.
2. Then let the paints dry before continuing.
3. Once these were dry, the papers were stencilled with several different stencils (you can create your own with paper punches and die cuts - the negative spaces make great stencils). You can also use round caps of bottles to print circles, too. Let the pages dry in between coats. Then you can splatter and sprinkle paint onto the pages for even more effect. Each new layer makes the page more interesting. Once the final coat is dry, all you have to do afterwards is tear the papers into pieces and apply them to this project.