1. Cut the deli paper about 2 centimeters larger than the coaster.
2. Then apply decoupage glue onto the coaster as well as the backside of your cut piece of paper.
3. Adhere the paper centered over the coaster and glue the overlap to the backside of the coaster.
4. Brush on a coat of decoupage glue onto the coaster to give it a shine and to seal it.
5. Let the glue dry before using the coasters.
A used plastic store card or gift card was first used to apply different colors of paint to this deli paper. Once it was dry, the paper was stencilled with several different techniques (let the page dry in between coats) and the page was also sprinkled with paint. Each new layer of paint made the page more interesting.
How to prepare the deli papers:
1. A used plastic store card or gift card was first used to apply different colors of paint to several deli papers. Either place paint directly onto the card or simply pour drops of paint onto the paper and pull the paint with the card for bold colorful prints.
2. Then let the paints dry before continuing.
3. Once these were dry, the papers were stencilled with several different stencils (you can create your own with paper punches and die cuts. The negative spaces make great stencils. You can also use round caps of bottles to print circles, too. Let the pages dry in between coats. Then you can splatter and sprinkle paint onto the pages for even more effect. Each new layer makes the page more interesting. Once the final coat is dry, all you have to do afterwards is tear the papers into pieces and apply them to this project.