Instructions to Start Off With:
Measure 15 cm sections of your cream colored cardstock and score lines for the folds. Remember to score on the opposite side for the second fold so that the card will fold like an accordian. Now you are ready to proceed with each of the card sides.
Accordian Folded Birthday Card Cover Page
1. Tear a sheet of vellum 15 cm wide and about 4 cm high. Cut a piece of solid scrapbook paper matching the background paper that is the same width but 6 cm high.
2. Lay the vellum centered on the scrapbook paper strip and punch a hole in each of the corners.
3. Insert 4 brads in these holes holding the sheets together. Chalk the edges of the scrapbook paper strip.
4. Print out the “70” pattern for a 70 year old reversed on a piece of dark olive green cardstock. Cut the number out. If another age is desired, create this number free hand if possible. Otherwise, use a font from your computer and enlarge it to a desired size.
5. Chalk the edges of the number with a dark green chalk.
6. Use 3-D foam pads and adhere the number onto the scrapbookpaper square.
7. Use your Sizzix sizzlet and die cut a flower. Adhere it to the card also with 3-D foam pads.
8. Using strong double sided adhesive tape, adhere the scrapbook paper square now on the cover of your card.
Accordian Folded Birthday Card - Left Inside
1. Cut 4 corners of a darker colored olive colored scrapbook paper and cover each edge of your 15 x15 cm patterned scrapbook paper.
2. Create a tag out of dark olive green cardstock.
3. Cut a strip that is 5 cm high and the width of the tag. Attatch this strip using the olive green paper clip.
4. Cut a small strip of mesh ribbon and adhere it on the tag slightly under the strip of paper using transparent 2-sided self adhesive tape.
5. Cut a “stamp” out of the pad with a olive green motif. Using stick glue, glue this piece on a piece of olive green scrapbook paper. Use decorative edged scissors with a stamp edge to cut now this paper out slightly larger than the motif.
6. Adhere this now onto the mesh ribbon using 3-D foam pads.
7. Insert 7 feathers under the paperclip and arrange them nicely on the tag.
8. Punch a hole through the top of the tag and create a round paper enforcer if desired. Use an eyelet through the hole and attach a satin ribbon tassle through the hole.
9. Use jewelry glue to attach the glass nugget onto the tag.
10. Using strong double sided adhesive tape, adhere the 15 x 15 cm piece of scrapbook paper now onto the 2nd side of your card (behind the cover). Using double sided adhesive tape, stick the tag now onto this card diagonally.
Accordian Folded Birthday Card - Right Inside
1. Find a nice verse in a poem book or on the internet that is best for the card recipient. Print it out using a font you like onto olive green scrapbook paper.
2. Glue this piece now on a darker colored scrapbook paper and use decorative edged scissors to cut it out creating a border around the first sheet.
3. Punch a hole in each of the 4 corners and insert 4 small gold brads.
4. Using Sizzix Sidekick and a butterfly template, die cut 2 butterflies out of dark olive green scrapbook paper.
5. Cut a small strip of the mesh ribbon and tie it off in the center with olive green satin ribbon. Let the ribbon dangle.
6. Using strong double sided adhesive tape, attatch the verse now to the 15 x 15 piece of olive green patterned scrapbook paper.
7. Punch a hole right of the verse and use a green brad to attatch the ribbon now on the card.
8. Use 3-D foam pads to attatch the butterflies.
9. Using strong double sided adhesive tape, adhere the decorated scrapbook paper square now onto the 3rd side of the card (across from the second side).
Accordian Folded Birthday Card - Back Side
1. Using your alphabet motiv punches, punch out the word “Happy Birthday” in dark green.
2. Cut 2x2 cm squares of cream colored cardstock and chalk the edges with green craft chalk.
3. Use stick glue and adhere the letters now onto the squares.
4. Arrange the word now onto the 15 x 15 cm piece of olive green patterned scrapbook paper and attatch them using 3-D foam pads.
5. Cut a 6 x 14 cm strip of solid olive green scrapbook paper. Lay it onto the patterned paper and punch a hole through the 4 corners and use eylets to attach the strip to the square. This will be the space for writing personal greetings if desired.
6. Using strong double sided adhesive tape, attatch the 15 x 15 square now on the 4th side of the card (next to the 3rd side).