For this project you will need:
- plywood 10mm thick
- white, red, beige and black acrylic paint
- drill with 1.5 mm bit
- various paint brushes flat and round
- half wooden bead 15 mm in diameter
- black wire
- wood glue
1. Print out the pattern for the Santa Claus. Follow the instructions below for transferring the patterns onto the wood.
2. Saw the Santa out and sand it smooth. Paint the piece in the proper colors and let it dry. Paint the nose red.
3. When the Santa is dry, use black and float shading or dry brush the red areas for extra dimension.
4. Mix a little black with white to get a light grey and float the details on the beard and cuff.
5. Drill a hole in the top of the hat, coil a piece of wire and insert it into the hole.
6. Glue the nose on the figure.
7. Spray clear sealer if desired.
If making a mobile, cut 2 stars and paint them with the same red as the Santa Claus. Drill an extra hole in the bottom of the Santa, in the point of one star, and in the top point and bottom indention of the other star. Assemble the pieces also using coiled wire.