Print out the turtle template to a size that will fit the circumferance of the dairy container. Glue the pattern page then to the back of a cereal box and cut out. Now you have a permanent and stable template that you can use to trace around. This is practical when you have a group of kids and need to make more turtles.
1. Tear lots of different sized pieces of green paper and place in a pile.
2. Mix the school glue with water in a small jar or bowl.
3. Take the paint brush and brush some glue onto the outside of the dairy container.
4. Press the first torn piece of paper onto the glue and brush more glue onto the paper to completely saturate it.
5. Now take the second piece of paper and overlap the first piece some and brush glue it on in the same manner as the first piece.
6. Continue adding glue and paper to the container until it is completely covered. Set aside to dry.
7. Trace the turtle template onto the back side of green cardboard and cut the shape out.
8. Once the container is dry, it can be glued to the body.
9. Glue on two eyes.
The turtle is trying to get away.