For this project you will need:
- 6mm thick plywood for the house, tree, snow drift
piece and rooftop
- 4mm thick plywood for the windows
- 18 mm thick pine wood for the base (11cm x 23cm)
- 5 wood screws 3,5 mm in diameter and 35 mm long
- paint in the colors of white, dark red, grey, black
- paint brushes
- standard sawing and sanding supplies
- drill with 3.2 mm bit
- wood glue
Look here Country Winter Cottage and find another example of a cottage you can create.
1. Print the patterns out to fully fit your printer paper and transfer the markings onto the appropriate thickness of wood (see above).
2. Saw the house out and saw out each of the 3 window holes.
3. Saw the rest of the pieces out. Drill 4 small holes in each of the window panes and saw these insides out.
4. Paint the house red and the door black.
5. Paint the tree, snow drift, base, windows and rooftop piece all white. Paint the tree trunk additionally brown.
6. Once dry, dry brush grey paint on all of the pieces. Add white trim around the door and also white streaks to resemble wood grain on the hosue.
7. Dot gold on the door as a knob.
8. Glue on the windows over the openings and glue on the rooftop piece..
9. Drill 2 holes underneath the snow drift piece, 2 holes underneath the house and 1 hole underneath the tree.
10. Decide where the pieces will be placed on the base and drill holes in the base to match these pieces.
11. Sink the holes underneath the base so that the screws will comfortably fit into the holes.
12. Insert the screws from underneath the base. Add some glue to the bottoms of all of the pieces. Now screw the screws into the appropriate pieces.