Before you stick little pieces of paper in a book to save a page or fold corners over, why not create couple of bookmarks instead. These are quickly made for yourself and make wonderful gifts for just about anyone. This one, with a sunflower design is perfect for that book you are reading on a warm summer’s day out on the front porch.
1. Cut a long strip out of the cardboard about the size of 3” x 9”, or to desired size..
2. Cut also strip the same size out of the vellum.
3. Drawing lightly with the pencil, make lines diagonally in the vellum about an inch apart.
4. Cut these lines with the decorative scissors.
5. Arrange the sections of vellum on the cardboard. Put a slight amount of glue to the backside of the vellum and glue the pieces on the cardboard. Do not use too much glue, as this tends to show through the vellum.
6. Cut a piece of clear foil out slightly larger than cardboard piece and stick it on to the top side of the bookmark. This will hold the vellum down on the cardboard and also protect from moisture. Repeat for the backside and cut the excess foil away from the edges.
7. Punch a hole in the middle of the top of the bookmark and use eyelet to secure the hole.
8. Take cording through the hole and knot it.