1. Print the patterns out to fully fit your printer paper and transfer the markings onto the appropriate thickness of wood (see above).
2. Saw out all of the pieces and paint accordingly. The sled, the Santa hat, arms, gloves and the gift ribbons are dark red. The sled bottom gets painted gold and the reindeer and gift bag are brown. The Santa cuffs, beard, mustache, blanket and the base get painted white. Dot the reindeer eyes with black and add a black mark for the eyes.
3. When the paint is dry, drybrush the following colors: white with grey, brown with dark brown, red with black, and gold with dark brown. If you like, add a fine line of gold paint around the sled to give it an elegant touch.
4. Use the drill with the 3.2 mm bit and drill a hole underneath each of the reindeer legs and 2 holes underneath the sleigh where the 2 “connectors” are at. This will give you extra length for the screws.
5. Drill also holes in the base to match the drilled holes of the pieces.
6. Sink the holes so that the screws will not scratch any surface. Screw in the screws from underneath the base and then attach the pieces.
7. Drill two 1.5 mm holes in the Santa gloves. Starting at the front reindeer, wrap the middle of a longer piece of wire around the neck and attach a jingle bell. Bring the wire to the 2nd reindeer neck and wrap again and add another jingle bell. Now curl the wires if you like and insert the ends of the wire into opposite sides of the Santa gloves so that each end is coming out in a different direction. Curl the ends to hold the wires in place.