For this project you will need:
- smooth rock (light colored if possible - if not, you can paint it white before continuing)
- paper napkin with small motif of choice that will also fit on the rock
- paper napkin applique glue
- soft flat paint brush
- glitter (optional)
Robin Redbreast for bird fans
1. Cut out the napkin motif and remove all but the top layer.
2. Now add a thin coat of paper napkin applique glue to a small area of the rock where the motif will be placed. Place the napkin motif over this area and first smoothen it flat with your fingers. Be careful not to tear the napkin. Now carefully brush paper napkin applique glue over the motif, starting at the center and working your way towards the outer edges of the motif. Be also careful not to tear the napkin while brushing the glue over it. More in this tutorial > Paper Napkin Applique Tutorial. Let the napkin dry.
6. If you like, sprinkle a little bit of glitter of the wet glue in areas that could use a little highlighting, such as the snow on the winter motif, or the edge of the dog or bird motifs.
Peaceful winter motif
West Highland Terrier motif for dog fans