How to Embellish the Bags:
1. First paint the bags on the flat side with acrylic paint. Do not cover the whole area. Leaving unpainted areas gives the bag a more interesting look. When the paper napkin is applied, the underground shows through the napkin and will thus be different shades which give the bag a weathered look.
2. Let the acrylic paint dry before continuing.
3. Then you will tear out the motif you wish to use. Tear through all three layers to make the tearing easier. Tearing out the motif instead of cutting it gives the appearance a more natural look. If you cut it out, you will have hard unsightly edges when you apply the napkin.
4. Position the napkin over the bag and adjust the size to fit the bag. Tear away any napkin that is over the handles as well. Once you are satisfied with the motif, remove all but the top layer of the napkin.
5. Now all you have to do is “paint” the motif onto the bag using the paper napkin glue. Start at the middle of the napkin and work your way towards the outer edges. Let the glue dry before using the bag.