1. First of all, trace the gingerbread man and star cookie cutters onto the cork and cut out. For this project three gingerbread men and two stars were cut out.
2. Paint the stars red on all sides and let the paint dry.
3. Dip the wooden end of your paintbrush into the red paint and dot on red cheeks on each gingerbread man. Draw a mouth and eyes on each gingerbread man.
4. Cut the ribbon to a length you like and at the bottom end, cut the end to a long point. This makes the ribbon easier to pull through the wooden balls.
5. Tie a hanging knot at the top of the ribbon and start by gluing a gingerbread man about 3 cm below the knot.
6. Then insert the bottom of the ribbon into the first wooden bead and pull the bead up until it is about 2 cm below the gingerbread man. Adjust the pleats that the bead creates if necessary.
7. Hot glue now a star about 2 cm below the bead.
8. Now insert the next bead onto the ribbon and pull it up until it is 2 cm below the star.
9. Continue in this manner until you have the desired amount of elements on your ribbon.
10. End with a wooden bead.
Charming, cute and simple.