1. On the sides and the of the egg, place 2 thin strips of the 2-sided tape. Cut 5 cm or 2 inch tips of the feathers off (these are usually fuzzier). Or cut your boa in 5 cm pieces.
2. Press these pieces on the tape in different directions. Add more tape if necessary, but try to keep tape covered by the feathers.
3. Cut out a diamond shape piece out of the cardstock. Make a crease in the center of it and bend it to look like a beak.
4. Place a small piece of the double-sided tape on the backside of the beak.
5. Draw 2 eyes with the marker.
6. Stick the beak just under the eyes. See that it looks like it is open.
7. Fold the chenille in half and form a foot on each end. Create a “m” shape at the bottom of each half and twist the end then around the “ankle”. This will secure the foot. You will want to squeeze the “m” together to look like toes. The pattern below shows how to do this step.
8. Once finished, insert the middle section into the hole at the bottom of the egg. If there is no hole, let one of your parents make one for you.
9. Now the chick should be standing on its own.