Recommended Ages: 9 and older
Time required: about 30 minutes
1. Cut a piece of brown felt that is the same height as the toilet paper roll and wide enough to completely wrap around the roll plus 2 centimeters overlap. Glue this piece onto the roll and set aside.
2. Cut a piece of red felt that is approximately 22-25 centimeters in diameter.
3. Brush glue onto the acrylic half ball and press the center of the red felt over the center of the ball. Smooth the felt down with your hands and pull the sides taut over the ball. You may wish to cut a couple of slits into the felt (picture below) to reduce the amount of wrinkles the felt will have. Then overlap these pieces over each other and press towards the inside of the ball where you will glue the ends.
4. Now cut a few white felt circles and glue these onto the mushroom. These are also good to cover up any unslightly wrinkles.
5. Now to glue the stump to the top, add glue to the top edge of the toilet paper roll and glue it inside of the mushroom. Let the glue dry completely.