For this project you will need:
- pine wood 18 mm thick for the large sign
- plywood 8 mm thick for the bunnies and the small sign
- acrylic paints in white, light brown, dark brown and black
- standard scrollsawing supplies
- drill with 2.5 mm bit
- wood glue
- old toothbrush
1. Print out the patterns. The large sign should be printed out to fit the size of a sheet of typing paper. Print the bunnies to a size you desire. The small sign can be made according to your needs. It should fit the bottom of the large sign.
2. Base paint the large sign first white. Let it dry. Thin the light brown paint with water and paint all of the pieces with it.
3. Once dry, drybrush all of the edges with dark brown paint. Dot eyes onto the rabbits with black paint.
4. Use a toothbrush dipped into dark paint and sprinkle dark brown paint over all of the pieces. This is done by brushing your index finger or thumb over the toothbrush bristles over the wood pieces. This causes the paint to spatter. Let the pieces thoroughly dry.
5. Cut your wire to a length of about 45 cm or 18 inches. Drill 2 holes in the top of the large and insert the 2 wire ends through those holes and twist them together in the front of the sign. Coil the ends to make them look more decorative.
6. Glue the bunnies onto the sign where you would like to place them.
7. Paint your text onto the small sign with dark brown paint and let it dry.
8. Glue the small sign onto the large one and let the glue dry.