*How to Treble Stitch:
1. Yarn over twice and insert hook into next stitch.
2. Yarn over and pull yarn through stitch. You will now have 4 loops still on the hook.
3. Yarn over again and then pull another two loops through. You will now have 3 loops on the hook.
4. Yarn over and pull another 2 loops through. Now you will have 2 loops remaining.
5. Yarn over again and then pull these through so that there is one loop remaining on the hook.
1. Chain stitch 24 stitches.
2. Yarn over twice and insert your needle into the 3rd stitch from the hook and treble stitch into the chain. *Treble Stitch instructions above*
3. After completing the first treble stitch, chain 1 and yarn over twice. Skip the next stitch and then treble. stitch in the following stitch in the chain. Continue this pattern: chain 1, yarn over twice, skip the next stitch and then treble stitch in the following stitch until you have reached the end of your row. Chain 4 and then turn your work.
4. Yarn over twice and insert the needle into the next hole from the needle. Treble stitch into this hole and then chain one.
5. Repeat step 4 until you have reached the end of the row and then chain 4 and turn your work.
6. Continue steps 4 and 5 until you have the length you desire.
7. The fringe is created using cutting three 30 cm lengths of yarn and inserting them into each hole on both short ends of the scarf.
This is an example of the same scarf but using different colored yarn.