For this project you will need:
- craft stick
- acrylic paint in white, black and red and tan
- thin red ribbon for scarf
- small jingle bell
- 3” or 10 cm long piece of 1 1/4” or 3 cm wide red knitted tube for the
- red embroidery floss
- craft glue
1. Paint the snowman on both sides and let it dry. Using a round bristle paint brush, dry brush the edges of the snowman with light brown paint if desired. This will give him a country look.
2. Roll the tubing piece so that it has a cuff and insert the craft stick in the tubing and glue this piece on the head of the snowman. Tie the other end off with the floss.
3. Take an end of a small paint brush and dip it slightly into the black paint and use this to dot the eyes on the snowman. Do the same with red paint for the nose using a slightly larger paint brush. Use the picture as a guide for placement.
4. Dot buttons along the front of the snowman.
5. Tie a piece of red ribbon around the “neck” of the snowman and insert the jingle bell through the ribbon before making a bow.
6. When the painted eyes and nose are dry, make a white dot on the nose and let it dry.
The broom was made by tying hay pieces around a broken shishkabob stick.