For this project you will need:
- craft stick (tongue depresser)
- acrylic paints in red, black and peach
- snow texture paint (see recipe below)
- black and gold dimensional paints
- red 4 mm bead for the nose
- piece of 1 inch wide red tubing for the hat
- tacky glue
- red thread
Craft Recipe for Snow! Make your own snow paste by mixing sand with white paint. Mix until the mixture is thick. Apply it with a small craft spatula and let it dry overnight.
1. Base coat the Santa in red and let him dry. Paint the other side red as well.
2. Cut a piece of tubing to a length you desire and roll one end into a small cuff. The other end, you will tie off with a piece of string.
3. Glue the tubing to the top of the Santa.
4. Just under the hat, draw lightly with a pencil a half circle and paint within this line with peach color. Let the paint dry. Glue the bead on for his nose!
5. Under the peach color, decide how long you want his beard and paint this area with white snowpaint.
6. Dot 2 buttons under the beard with black dimensional paint.
7. Paint a black line across the body close to the bottom. Once the paint is dry, apply gold dimensional paint to the middle of the black line for a belt buckle.
8. After all is completely dry, tie a piece of thread to his hat and use it for hanging.
Ages 8 and older