For this project you will need:
- Plywood - 10 mm and 4 mm thick
- piece of thick pine wood for base
- white, dark green, dark red, brown, black and flesh colored acrylic paints
- gold wire
- drill with 2.5 mm bit
- various flat and round paint brushes
- wood glue
Santa Claus Craft Pattern
Santa Sack Craft Pattern
1. Print out the pattern page to fit the size of the paper in your printer and transfer the Santa body, the gift box and Santa sack on the 10 mm wood. The candies get transferred onto the thinner piece of plywood. Cut out a base the size of your choice. How to Make Patterns Tutorial
2. Saw the pieces out. How to use a Scroll Saw Tutorial
3. Paint the pieces accordingly. While painting the red pieces, blend a touch of black into the red to give it more depth. The same gets down to the brown sack. Use a bit of black on the still wet white paint to give the beard and hear a greyish color and depth. Paint the face first flesh color. When dry, brush red on the cheeks and paint a red nose and dot black eyes.
4. Base coat the canides first white and after dry, add the red details. When dry, add white details.
5. When all of the pieces are dry, use an old toothbrush and sprinkle white paint on all of the pieces.
6. Decide where you would like to place your pieces on the wood board. Drill a hole in each of the pieces to be attached to the board and also a hole in the board corresponding to the holes in your pieces.
7. Drill a small hole in each of the round candies and also in each of Santa’s hands.
8. From underneath the board, sink the drilled holes and then attach the screws to hold the pieces tight to the board.
9. Use gold wire to connect the candies to Santa’s hands. Tie a piece of green raffia around the Santa sack and hold the candy cane with the raffia.
7. Spray project with clear sealer if necessary.