For this project you will need:
- painting canvas board
- paper napkin with motif of choice
- acrylic paint - one darker color to match napkin motif and a fitting
- paper napkin applique glue
- soft flat paint brushes
- crackling medium
- clear 3-D dimensional paint
- glitter (optional)
Instructions: (because of the time you need for drying in between the steps, plan a whole day’s time until the project is finished)
1. First of all, you need to base coat the canvas with a dark color. Let it dry.
2. Paint a coat of cracking medium over the dark paint and let it fully dry before continuing.
3. Now paint a good coat of light colored paint over the medium. Make sure to brush the color only once over the canvas. Do not repeat any strokes in the same area. That will only interfere with the crackling process. Let the paint dry before continuing.
4. Cut out the napkin motif and remove all but the top layer. Set aside for a while.
5. Now add a thin coat of paper napkin applique glue to a small area of the canvas where the motif will be placed. Place the napkin motif over this area and start to carefully brush paper napkin applique glue over the motif, starting at the center and working your way towards the outer edges of the motif. Be careful not to tear the napkin while brushing the glue over it. More in this tutorial > Paper Napkin Applique Tutorial. Let the napkin dry.
6. If you like, use clear dimensional paint and trace around the contours of the bear. Let it dry or sprinkle a bit of glitter over the wet paint for added sparkle. When dry tap the picture to remove excess glitter and brush it with a soft brush if there is still too much glitter.